Thursday, December 2, 2010

**** Please become a Follower of this blog by clicking "Follow" in the lower left corner of the page! And leave comments to let me know if you can relate to the posts. Thx!!





Dear Frazzled Reader,
This is one of my favorite poems.  When we worry about the challenges we will face today or in the future, we assess them based on our own strength, as if God were not in the picture.  The fact is, God shapes and weighs our trials based not on how strong we are alone, but how strong we are leaning on Him.
Lean Hard
Child of My love, lean hard,
And let me feel the pressure of your care;
I know your burden, child. I shaped it;
Balanced it in Mine Own Hand; made no proportion
In its weight to your unaided strength,
For even as I laid it on, I said,
“I will be near, and while she leans on Me,
This burden will be Mine, not hers;
So I will keep My child within the circling arms
Of My Own love.” Here lay it down, nor fear
To impose it on a shoulder that upholds
The government of worlds. Yet closer come:
You are not near enough. I would embrace your care;
So I might feel My child reclining on My breast.
You love Me, I know. So then do not doubt;
But loving Me, lean hard.
From Streams in the Desert, by L.B. Cowman, Edited by Jim Reimann

No comments:

Post a Comment