Tuesday, October 11, 2011

And You Wonder Why I'm Frazzled

And You Wonder Why I’m Frazzled
OK. I’m sitting at my kitchen counter at my computer, where my kids say I always am.  I’m looking up, grasping for just the right word to put in my Best Seller.  And I see this!  



It is a pen nestled into the glass bulb of my kitchen light fixture.  I wonder who the #%** did that!!!   I pulled it out and of course the pen is burned.  I was so shocked at the GENIUS of whoever did it that I had to share it.  

So I put the pen back in there and ran for my camera.  

By the time I came back, the thing was smoking (look closely).  I’m sorta  like those people on “America’s Funniest Home Videos” where a bear has Darryl trapped up a tree and the reason the video is on TV is on account of his friend, Bubba, running to get the video camera instead of helping him.  That’s a TRUE friend.  He figures he’ll give Daryll half the money he wins on the show, heck.  That’ll buy a buttload of Skoal.
It's kind’a like this guy who runs to get the camera when his forest ranger colleague is fixin’ to be bear meat.

So I get the camera when my house is getting ready to catch fire.  I mean, I had a fire extinguisher right there that I bought after candles, glued into my daughter's styrofoam advent wreath, ignited the whole thing and burned a big black hole on our kitchen table.  I wonder if I can sue the Sunday school teacher who had THAT bright idea for damages and mental anguish.

So anyhoo, I can only imagine what would’ve happened if I’d have left the house with the light on.  Or when only my kids were home.  I need a case of Chardonnay and an IV.

9 comments:

  1. Hahah! Oh my gosh, I am SUCH that kind of person! When my kids get in a pickle, I run for the camera!!! When they're stuck somewhere, I get the camera- as long as no one is really hurt that is. LOL. I totally identify! Love the post. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mysteriously my camera has disappeared uuuugh! My kids just hate when I try to get them in the act of all things crazy. Glad you found the pen, good luck finding the culprit who thought it would be a "BRIGHT" idea.
    Jeanette
    http://lifeinoceanside.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I get that! We had one of those moments last week when my oven element caught on fire. Thank goodness I was standing right there and isaw it start. I leave things baking all of the time...could have been bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To I'm Not a Volano: Thanks for reading! You've got to have proof that they did all those crazy things. Forgot to take a picture when my daughter decided it would be fun to get inside the laundry chute. Got stuck of course. Had to get a little leverage to pull out 11 yr old dead weight! 11 yrs. old - shouldn't they know better? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Life it Happens in Oceanside: Yes, glad I found it. Who would say to themselves, "This looks like a good idea???" Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Val Curtis: I hear you. The time when my table caught on fire was terrifying. I just so happened to come in the kitchen before it was too late!! Thanks so much for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cheers... I will bring the glasses!
    Amen sister .
    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aseedinspired, thanks for commenting! Usually I don't even use glasses. I wrote about Prozac Barbie not using glasses either! Read post on August 20, 2012. HA!!
      Cathy

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget