"Don't Make Me Come Back There" Tuesday
11 Excuses Teenagers Use To Get Out of Doing Chores
11. I have to get something to eat! (Moan!) You don’t expect me to work when I’m starving, do you? (Surveying pantry) Why do we always have the gross low-fat Oreos? Are you trying to tell me I’m fat? Can you go get some real ones?!
10. (After eating) I have to go to the bathroom. (Take a school book. When parental unit says, “Get out of the bathroom!” I say, “I’m not done, and besides, I’m doing my homework.”)
9. When you asked me Friday if I had homework, I forgot I have three papers due Monday. One’s about “work ethic,” or something stupid. I’ve really gotta get started on them after I get something to eat. Do we have any real Oreos?
8. Uuuuuugghhhh! Mom, I didn’t know there was a time limit!! You’ve got to trust me to do it after I download these songs! I have to make a CD to play over the speaker while we warm up for our soccer game. So I have to text everybody to see what songs they like.
Parental unit says, “You mean you’ve gotta text the players?”
“Uuuuugggghhh! No mom! You never listen! I’ve got to text everyone because everyone’s coming to the game and I want them to like it too.”
7. (An hour later) I had trouble with iTunes. I’m probably going to have to download my whole library of songs again, plus some more. I'm going to need your credit card number, m'kay?
6. Have you seen the workout our basketball coach gave us to do in our spare time? I don’t have ANY other spare time because I’m meeting Ashley at 4:00 to get ready for the football game. It’s NOT my fault!
5. I’ve got to meet Ashley, Ashley, and Heather to work on our vinegar and baking soda car for physics. By the way, you need to take me to get some vinegar and baking soda and a plastic bottle to use for a car, some wheels, and zebra duct tape and a feather to decorate it. Those are the parts I have to bring.
4. I was coughing all night and I have a horrible headache. (Moan) I’m probably getting allergic because you made me pull weeds yesterday. Do you see my eyes? I’ve got to get some rest before Ashley picks me up. Why don’t we have any Ranch Doritos and where’s the freaking remote?
3. Why do I have to do it? I did all of it by myself last week when Bella (sister) was at that soccer tournament. That’s not my fault. She's gonna have to cut the back yard. Do you see my eyes? You’re so mean. (Cough)
2. I have to go to Mary-Alexander Margaret’s house to give back her earphones because she’s got the most important game of her life and she has to warm up listening to music. (Don’t tell parental unit the game is tomorrow)
And the #1 excuse - I have to shop online for a Homecoming dress because you won’t take me shopping for one because I have to do all these chores.
. . . Welcome to my life.
. . . Welcome to my life.